Review Essay | Teen Ink

Review Essay

July 10, 2019
By SpongeBob21 BRONZE, West Bend, Wisconsin
SpongeBob21 BRONZE, West Bend, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Pink Mocha Cafe is a small coffee shop and restaurant on the North side of Hartland. While it might not look like it from the outside, this small shop brings in a wide variety of customers, from young students to the elderly, groups of friends to business discussions. Do not overlook or discount this fine establishment based on its appearance, you will most definitely regret it. Once you walk in, you will see just how nice the cafe is compared to the outside.

As soon as you walk through the doors, the smell of fresh baked goods and coffee grounds fills your nose with every breath and filling your mind with warm thoughts of good food and drink. Past the door, you are always greeted by a warm smiling face. You walk up to the counter and hear ‘how may I help you today?’ You order what you can only think of as the best meal you will ever have and sit down in the cozy seating area and wait for your order to be brought to you.

 There are plenty of seats to choose from inside or out; all of them always clean. This is of course, because of the popularity of the cafe. You will rarely see the seating area empty and for good reason. 

Shortly after you order, one of the fabulous employees will bring you your meal to enjoy. While the food does come out rather quickly, I can assure you that is it always made fresh, no matter what you order.

The menu is much larger than you might think for a small cafe—a wide variety of coffee, mochas, and other beverages like smoothies and shakes. They have a rather large breakfast menu filled with different specials: fluffy buttermilk pancakes, cheesy omelet meals, fresh bakery items like blueberry muffins and chocolate chip croissants. They even have a lunch menu full of sandwiches and wraps, like a gourmet grilled cheese, BLTs, and French Onion Dips. I have tried a reasonable amount from their menu and I have found nothing that disappoints. On top of high quality, every item is priced very fairly with only one item over $10, a small price to pay for amazing food. My personal favorites are the cinnamon roll pancakes. Two giant, fluffy pancakes covered in cinnamon and cream cheese frosting. If you think that sounds good, then you definitely need to check out the Pink Mocha Cafe.

The only downside I have found with this cafe is how crowded it is. Some of the tables are far too close together for comfort and it can feel cramped when it is busy. The most popular times to visit are from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. I would love to see this cafe in a larger location, however, it is still a very nice place to be despite the popularity.

The Pink Mocha Cafe is a wonderful place for many occasions, especially if you are looking for a good meal in the morning to start your day. If you live in Hartland, you should definitely go check out the Pink Mocha Cafe.