Honey Nut Shredded Wheat | Teen Ink

Honey Nut Shredded Wheat MAG

Recently, while searching for breakfast before a long day of school, I stumbled on an unfamiliar type of cereal in my pantry. It seems that my usually conservative mother had gone out on a limb and purchased a new type of cereal: Honey Nut Shredded Wheat. It doesn't seem too appealing the first time you hear the name. It sounds like a cross between Honey Nut Cheerios and Shredded Wheat. Shredded Wheat is brick-sized wad of cardboard-ike "organic" fiber. Honey Nut Cherrios are little O's of artificial flavor. A cross between these two cereals seems unlikely and ill-advised. However, after pouring a bowl of the cereal, my first impression from reading the box changed.

The cereal is pieces of bite-sized wheat, brownish in color. Unlike Shredded Wheat, they look edible. Popping one in my mouth before I pour on the milk reinforced the notion that Honey Nut Shredded Wheat is actually edible. The postage-stamp sized pieces of cereal are actually quite good. They taste mostly of honey, with a slight hint of wheat. These things are good. You might find yourself snacking on them throughout the day if you don't stop yourself. Even better is the fact that the flavor comes from natural, not artificial sources. Adding milk makes the cereal even better. Milk perfectly complements the honey flavor and as a bonus is left slightly brown and honey-flavored after the cereal is eaten. Drinking the milk after the cereal is an experience to savor, in all of its flavorful glory. All in all I highly recommend Honey Nut Shredded Wheat. It is better than either Shredded Wheat or Honey Nut Cheerios. It is the best new cereal to come along in a long time. .