The Beefiest Taco Bell | Teen Ink

The Beefiest Taco Bell

Taco Bell located in Sussex, Wisconsin, looks like yet another forgettable fast food restaurant that sits on the side of a busy highway, waiting for hungry customers. And it is. Nothing is unique about its location or the aesthetic of the building. It looks like all the other 7,000 locations around the world. 

Taco Bell's rather sheepish appearance does leave a distasteful impression before customers can even taste their meal. So when I pulled up to this location for the first time, I was taken aback by the line of customers that snaked the drive-through. 

As I approached the ordering screen, I was greeted with a warm welcome before I ordered my beefy 5-layer burrito, 2 Dorritos locos tacos, nacho fries, 2-pack of cinnamon delights, and a refreshing Baja blast. As I advanced to the window, a kind smile handed me my bag and my drink. As I drove off, checking to make sure they correctly prepared my order, I was overwhelmed with joy to find that instead of 2-pack cinnamon delights, I was gifted a 6-pack. I pulled over to text my best friend and explained the delightful surprise. 

As I was pulled over, I slurped on my Baja blast, wafted the sweet smell of my cinnamon delights, and unwrapped the tightly packaged burrito, inspecting its beefiness before determining that it was more than worthy to go in my mouth. I pulled out my mild sauce, drenching the flavor over the burrito that sat plain. I slowly sunk my teeth into the burrito while exploding flavor crashed against my tastebuds. The meat mixed with the drizzled cheese was extraordinary, and the flavor was enhanced even more by the mild sauce that added the kick of jalapeno peppers mixed with the sharp garlic and onion after taste. By the time I arrived at the refried beans, I had convinced myself that nothing would ruin the moment. Although the beans were rather tasteless and unappealing, my mild sauce spiced them up and gave life to an otherwise unappetizing portion of the burrito. Despite the disappointment with the beans, I was quickly drawn back to the meat that smoked with steam, and the cheese that made me weak in the knees with its warm, gooey drizzle. 

The customer service was also extraordinary. Most fast-food workers can be unfriendly given the fact that it is an extremely stressful job that not many people appreciate. But The staff went out of their way to greet me, ask how I was doing at the window, thank me for my order, and wish me a good day. 

Although Taco Bell in Sussex, WI, may seem uninteresting, Delicious, mouth-watering, savory meals at this location will always have their pros and cons, however, the pros will always substantially outrun the cons. Forever and always, beefy nonetheless.