Review Blitz - The Dance of Thirteen Skeletons | Teen Ink

Review Blitz - The Dance of Thirteen Skeletons

By Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey
Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey

"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever" - Walt Disney

The Dance of Thirteen Skeletons is such a striking piece of poetry with six lines per stanza. It also had rhymes and was rhythmic. There was a strong description of the sound that skeletons made in the middle of the night and the repetition of words and lines contributed in making the piece musical. I've also noticed the usage of thirteen which is known to be an unlucky number.

My favorite quotes in the poem is, "And the spirits work their will" in page one, "And the snow that masked their footprints, show no sign that they were there" in page two, "But they danced in their bones" in page two.

The poem was about thirteen skeletons in a graveyard on a winter evening. They revived and danced, their emotions sinking into the dance even though they're skeletons without any emotion.

The theme that I've noticed from the poem was how the spirits let the skeletons dance by reviving them. I now this because it in the text, it said, "And the spirits worked their will" which means that the spirits worked their magic, helping the skeletons live again.

Since the poem was so good, I wanted to keep on thinking about it. Here are some questions that I came up with - 1. Why do you think the writer used skeletons to create this poem? 2. Why does the writer repeat a lot of the words in the story?

The poem was truly fun to read and it was more halloween-ish so I thought that it would have been better if I've read it during Halloween. Neverthless, I loved the structure of the piece and I strongly suggest on reading it.