Sky Zone Review | Teen Ink

Sky Zone Review

By clestina BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
clestina BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

Before 2004 many kids had traditional birthday parties, with backyard games being entertainment, like clowns, bouncy castles, pinatas, extra. But in 2004 Jeff Platt built his first sky zone in Las Vegas. 

His original vision was to build a new sport for athletes with a giant floor of trampolines. He wanted to build a sport combined with basketball and trampolines. After no traction he focused on turning the trampoline park to a home for birthday parties. This ended up putting the sky zone on the map and expanded the franchise.

After 18 years almost every state in the US has more than 1 sky zone somewhere in their district. The first thing that catches your eye when you walk is the three lane basketball courts with a 6 foot basketball hoop, 8 foot basketball hoop, and the standard 10 foot basketball hoop. As this is no longer their main attraction, it is still very pivotal and recognizable, to most customers. It still gets its attention from time to time but this sky zone's main focus is the dodge ball courts,and the full size basketball. 

Then turning the focus to the acrobatic area, they are always open and are rarely closed. But with little lines and with little excitement this place is probably going to get visited when you're done with everything else. As it usually provides about 30 minutes of fun. 

Now turning to an American Ninja Warrior Course. Kind of like the acrobatic area this place is towards the end of your 2 hours as the main attractions catch your eye first. The course was a good idea, it just wasn't executed very well, the course has been broken for a couple years but never closed down to replace the bad parts.

Now to sky zones main attractions are the bouncy basketball court, and dodgeball. I personally like the court better but that's only because I like basketball better. But both of these places are very fun and consume most of your time at skyzone. The problems are that the bouncy court is always closed or people refuse to leave. As the staff sits there and does nothing. And for dodgeball you need to have the right people, as the courts are usually full of little kids. 

But still, 20$ for 2 hours is worth the time, you just have to make sure you go at the right time. Definitely bring your friends as these places are going to get a 7/10. It's just a perfect place to hang out and get some food and exercise, even though it gets a little pricey. They just need to keep their attractions up and fixed, and make sure to keep an eye on their customers.

I go to arrowhead