What you're getting yourself into: A review of high school | Teen Ink

What you're getting yourself into: A review of high school

November 30, 2022
By Kriege7 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Kriege7 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

As a student of 4 years at Arrowhead High School, not having an option of knowing what I am getting myself into when going to school, I am thrilled to be writing this review for freshmen that are coming into this high school.


The crazy schedules at arrowhead you need to remember and be on time to classes or you will be marked tardy and know what you have on an A day and what you have on a B day and remember to turn in the right homework on time for the right classes. Not showing up to the wrong class on the wrong day. 


Then remembering what you have after school with after school activities and making sure you have everything for that. Arrowhead itself is really known for its sports and afterschool activities and it can be hard to remember every night what you have every night because there can be multiple things in one night even including having work after these activities. Being on time for that activity so that the coach doesn't get mad and having everything you need to be ready to practice ready the night before so you are not rushing home to grab something you forgot.


One thing they don’t tell you is that lunch can be good and bad at times like sometimes you don't know what you are putting into your body, and it looks like mush with rocks in it. It looks like a meal you would make at home and eat with no problem because you know what's going into your body because it looks edible. So bringing a snack or two is not a bad idea if you don't like eating inedible food. But there is always the vending machine and the school store to get food because they don't wanna see us starve.


Also don’t worry about the two campus thing we have at school.. It gets easier after the first couple of weeks and it is just a big thing with getting with the flow of it.The walk form the campus isn't bad either it takes up to five minutes max and you're back at north campus. Yes it gets confusing with the rooms when trying to find it at the other campus but you will find it you just can't get frustrated and freak out that you won't make it to class because you will get there.


The author's comments:

This piece is about me and my experience in high school and helping other get ready for high school because it a scary time. It just tells them so important information about things that are important about high school.