What’s Not To Love With Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas? | Teen Ink

What’s Not To Love With Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas?

By sschaefer SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
sschaefer SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

My family and I spent a week at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas last spring. And boy, let me tell you, we had the time of our lives. In this review I will discuss the hotel’s guest rooms, water park, dining options, and other amenities. All the things that shape Atlantis into what it is.

First, the waterpark. All visitors staying on-site at Atlantis have access to the waterpark. And let me tell you, I can see why this is probably the main factor in people choosing to stay here. Everyone had access to a few water slides. Some were frightful, while others were "easy." The most spectacular slide was called the “Lead of Faith” where you plunge through a tunnel with sharks all around you. You are, of course, in an enclosed space as you go through the shark-infested waters. This was one of the coolest things, and what makes Atlantis so unique. Nowhere else in the world do they offer something like this.

Next, the guest rooms. There are four different buildings you can choose to stay in. Beach, Coral, Royal, Cove, and Reef. We stayed in the Royal building. The most central to everything and the most iconic building when you think of Atlantis. The Royal building's rooms were exquisite. They had just undergone renovation. They had the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in, luxurious bathrooms, and, most importantly, the most breathtaking views. There is really nothing wrong with the guest rooms.

This resort has a wide variety of dining choices. They had what they called the Marina Village, which had a dozen eateries varying from informal to upscale. The cuisine was outstanding at the casual places where we ate most of the time. 

Other amenities offered included a casino, opulent beaches, abundant wildlife, golf courses, tennis courts, a movie theater, and a variety of excursion options. However; I was most drawn to the beaches. The water was unlike anything I had ever seen before—it was absolutely clear. It felt like walking on clouds because the sand was so soft. Really, all of the amenities were wonderful.

Atlantis really does have something to offer everyone. You wouldn't have time to complete everything even if you stayed for weeks. You won't ever become bored. What distinguishes Atlantis from other resorts are the restaurants; the casual and the upscale makes it easy for all ages of people to travel here, the waterpark; which is unlike any other water in the world, the guest rooms; which are modern but also upscale, and the endless amenities they offer. It is truly one of the best places to travel to.

This past March, my family and I visited Nassau, Bahamas and absolutely loved it.