Evaluate & Judge: The Review | Teen Ink

Evaluate & Judge: The Review

April 4, 2024
By Bdougans BRONZE, Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Bdougans BRONZE, Chalfont, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

As a girl, hair is undeniably everything to me, and as to many others as well. A bad hair day equals a bad mood and trust me nobody wants to see that. If you're anything like me you probably scroll through TikTok and constantly see the latest trends, some of which include the latest hair trend. With a whopping 491.2 million views under #WavyTalk, I knew I had to see what the Wavy Talk Thermal Brush was all about. 

Upon researching, I discovered that the brush comes in a 5-in-1 set, including assorted sizes of interchangeable ceramic barrels alongside a regular curling wand. If that wasn't convincing enough, what I read next sealed the deal: the word "brush" in its name was fittingly chosen. Unlike your typical blow dry brushes, this particular brush doesn't blow out air; instead, tiny thermal bristles line the outside of the brush, making it easy to slide through hair, adding volume, and giving the perfect "blowout" look.

I told myself I wouldn't be spending any more money, but to save some, I decided only to buy the one barrel which cost me $25 instead of the 5-in-1 set priced at $45. Upon opening the box, a medium-length brush with a 1.5-inch pink barrel slid out, with a black wire wrapped around it and a neatly folded set of directions underneath. I immediately plugged it in, to see if what the world was saying, was true. After applying heat protectant to my hair (as one should), I turned it up to the highest setting at 350 degrees, and waited for the light to turn on signaling it was ready. It took approximately one minute to fully heat up which was quite impressive compared to other heated items I’ve purchased, as they usually take 2-3 minutes to heat depending on the item.

To achieve the “perfect blowout”, look that I was aiming for, I started by pinning up the top layers and focused on the lower portion of my hair, wrapping the brush in the opposite direction of my face and gently curling the ends as I pulled away. Once the bottom layer was done, I shifted my focus on the pinned topped layers and then moved on to my small front pieces, resulting in a fresh new look. The entire process took me about 30 minutes which was very impressive for my long thick hair. Bad hair day? Never heard.

This tool is perfect for my hair, especially when running low on time. The smooth barrels let the brush glide through my hair effortlessly without pulling or ripping it out. For me, the brush had passed the test; I was left with an almost perfect (considering it was my first time) blowout look that lasted practically the entire day with little to no frizz. Having owned this brush for 3 months, I can confidently say the tool is very easy to use and is perfect for all those bad hair days. If you or someone you know is interested in this tool, I highly recommend it!

Wavy Talk Thermal Brush can be purchased on: Amazon.com