The Perfect Used Car Under 15k | Teen Ink

The Perfect Used Car Under 15k

April 17, 2024
By OwenCorteen BRONZE, Hartford, Wisconsin
OwenCorteen BRONZE, Hartford, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Infiniti G37 is hands down the best value-for-money used car under $15k. The executive Japanese beast is the perfect blend of luxury, performance, practicality, reliability, and affordability. No other car on the market can offer the same formula at a competitive price. 


The Infiniti brand was introduced by Nissan in 1989 to compete with the new luxury offerings of Lexus and Acura from the other Japanese automotive giants Toyota and Honda. At the time, the brand’s Japanese competitors were largely luxury-oriented. Infiniti aimed to produce luxury vehicles with an emphasis on performance. Infiniti sales were sparse throughout the 90s. The brand’s future looked uncertain as numbers consistently fell behind those of its competitors. That was until the release of the G35 in 2003.


The G35 was a massive leap for the brand. It was a rear wheel drive luxury sports coupe with a 3.5-liter V6, Brembo brakes, and an optional six-speed manual transmission. The G35 was based on the same platform and drivetrain as Nissan’s wildly successful 350z sports car released the same year. The G35 dressed the Z’s track-focused, performance car construction in a Tuxedo. It added luxury features like heated leather, power-adjustable seats, automatic windows, a premium Bose sound system, optional navigation, and an analog clock. The G35’s beautiful exterior styling kept the Z’s low stance and aggressive body lines and added flares of elegance to present the car as a more sophisticated performance vehicle. The styling of the G35 perfectly embodied what it meant to be, a sporty and aggressive yet elegant luxury machine. The G35 was a fantastic-looking car, but don’t think for a second it’s all show and no go. With its 280 horsepower and 6.0 second 0-60, the G35 had the numbers to back up its aggressive looks, not to mention the intoxicatingly exotic exhaust note. Not only was the G35 a fun and sporty car, it could also be a practical daily driver. The car was offered in sedan form using the same powerplant. The sedan offered ample space to carry passengers, and the optional all-wheel drive train, available for the sedan, gave the G35 extra winter driving capabilities.


From 2007 to 2009 Infiniti brought major changes to the G35 to further improve upon and modernize the model. By 2009 all G35s received the new model designation G37. Updates included completely new exterior styling, a modernized interior, an improved 3.5-liter engine in 2007, an even more powerful 3.7-liter engine in 2008, and all-wheel drive availability for sedans and coupes. By 2009 Infiniti had perfected the luxury sports sedan and continued producing the G37 until 2015.


The G37 is a no-brainer pick on the used market. You can pick one up for less than a Lexus or Acura, and it offers all the luxury and performance of its German rivals with much better reliability due to its Japanese origin and years of engine improvements. Look no further if you’re looking for a great used car that can do it all under $15k. You won’t find better value for your money anywhere else.