Luke Combs Concert Review | Teen Ink

Luke Combs Concert Review

April 29, 2024
By 5morris228 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
5morris228 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Country music has been growing in popularity recently—Luke Combs being one of the most popular country artists today. His recent tour,  “Growin' Up and Gettin' Old,” features special guests Colby Acuff, Drew Parker, Mitchell Tenpenny, and Jordan Davis. 

I saw him on tour at American Family Field in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on April 13th. I attended the concert with my mom, dad, and younger sister. My sister and I got the tickets for Christmas, and it was definitely our favorite gift. 

The concert starts with the least-known artists and works its way up to Luke Combs. Even though they weren't well known the crowd enjoyed them. Jordan Davis played before Luke Combs, and he played all of his top hits but also included some of his newer songs. He brought lots of energy and saved the best song for last, “What Make My World Spin Around.” This song is one of his most listened to right now. If you are a big radio listener, you have probably heard the catchy tune. It is a song with a great upbeat vibe that is great to listen to, especially in warm weather. It reminds me of being on the lake or having a cookout on a summer night. I expect this song to be popular throughout for a few more months. 

Luke opened up with a recent popular song “The Kind of Love We Make.” He played an even mix of his new album, and also songs from his older ones too. Of course, he had to include the classics, like his first song that went viral and made him famous, “Hurricane.” 

Luke created an exciting atmosphere and showed much appreciation to his fans. He also did a gender reveal for a couple sitting in the pit. This might not happen at every concert, but was definitely fun to witness! He also did his classic shotgun a beer with a fan to his song “ 1 2 Many.”  He ended the night off with “Beer Never Broke My Heart.” This song is a fan favorite and everyone was excited the second they started playing it. 

He let his band have some of the spotlight too, allowing them to sing, show off their guitar skills, and play the piano. 

Even though I was in the nosebleeds, the music sounded great. I was facing the center of the stage and you could see everything that was happening. Other than the extremely long bathroom lines, it was a great experience, and I would attend one of his shows again. I would rate the concert 5 out of 5 stars. It was a great performance and I would recommend it to many.


The author's comments:

I went to a Luke Combs concert because I enjoy country music and he is one of my favorite artists.