Iluminate: Face of the New Decade | Teen Ink

Iluminate: Face of the New Decade

September 3, 2011
By Savannalore SILVER, North Branch, South Dakota
Savannalore SILVER, North Branch, South Dakota
9 articles 17 photos 121 comments

Favorite Quote:
Art is all about mistakes and knowing which ones to keep.


The world of the performing arts is turning over a new, glow-in-the-dark leaf. A leaf that has 11 members and outfits from a different dimension.

Team Iluminate (pronounced eye-luminate) is revolutionizing all we know about entertainment, showing people everywhere something fresh, new, and never-before-seen, which is a nearly impossible feat these days.

They became widely known with their entry in the popular TV show, America's Got Talent. Standing out from every other contestant, each and every captivating performance has stunned fans onto their feet, showering the performers with deafening applause, screaming their approval.

Now, even though fans know how Iluminate works, their breath still catches as the act begins. With the theatre faded to blackness, you can see nothing but a network of glowing light, moving fluidly across the stage, telling a story and entrapping the attention of every onlooker. Behind the scenes, dancer and programmer Miral Kotb is the heart of the act, controlling which parts of the costumes you see, and which parts you don't. It all depends on the story they're trying to tell.

It doesn't matter what the outcome is on the America's Got Talent; their visionary talent won't stop with the end of the show.

Team Iluminate is the new phenomenon that will soon have all of the media world tangled in their web of light. Team Iluminate is the face of the new decade.


The author's comments:
Iluminate will be visionary experiance of a lifetime.