The Blackout Diaries Review | Teen Ink

The Blackout Diaries Review

By NickP4 BRONZE, Niles, Illinois
NickP4 BRONZE, Niles, Illinois

The Blackout Diaries

Let me just start off by saying, this was a very different experience. The Blackout Diaries is a stand-up act with a bunch of comedians telling their stories about being drunk. I did not expect it to be this kind of comedy act considering my dad bought the tickets.

You walk into a bar, looks very old-fashioned; much like a 70’s-80’s kind of pub. The act started later at around 8 o’clock. The host’s name was Sean and he tells us a few stories about him and a few friends trying to steal a city lamppost’s light bulb and how he had multiple near-death situations. He even went to a few wrong weddings. After Sean, three more comedians did a few acts.

One of the comedians was anonymous. We couldn’t find out about his name… But why was he not named? Because of his crazy stories and how it leads him to a lawsuit. They also had a few Comedy Central comedians, well-renowned and all.

They also had a few special guests, one was a cop. He told us a few stories on how he busted drunk drivers and how he found the weirdest things in their car. The cop even had a few pictures to go with the story.

My favorite part was the evidence of the things they had. They had videos, pictures and even voicemails to further their point.

In the end of the show, they’ll allow a few questions and answers and it’ll go on for quite a while. We went on a Saturday so there were a lot of people who planned on staying there for a long time. My dad and I left during the Q&A.

Overall, I thought that it was a very good show but, nothing relatable because I am not 21. If I were to rate it, this show would be a 4.75/5 because the seats weren’t all that comfortable and they allow people under the drinking age to see the show, I don’t see it suitable for people under the drinking age to be there. My dad found out to check out information before he buys tickets now, but he did have a blast.

If I were to recommend this to anybody, I would say for people who are a bit older in their 30’s and above to go with a few buddies. They would have some stories they have that would be relatable to some of these (I doubt it; some of these stories are just plain crazy and out there).

Verdict: Wonderful show, it’s a must-go if you’re over 21.