Restaurant Review:Pier 500 in Hudson, Wisconsin | Teen Ink

Restaurant Review:Pier 500 in Hudson, Wisconsin

December 19, 2008
By Anonymous

As most people know, Wisconsin is known for its famous cheese, the Green Bay Packers and the Wisconsin Dells. But there is more to Wisconsin that people need to know about. Pier 500, a home style, traditional restaurant, located in downtown Hudson, Wisconsin is one to add to this famed list. The beautiful woodwork and the courteousness of the wait staff offer a warm, inviting atmosphere as the fireplaces and the vaulted ceilings give off a cozy personality that makes you feel right at home. Everything from the structure of the restaurant to the menu, gives a home feeling that people will enjoy and never forget.

Pier 500 also presents a bar and a game room which includes shuffleboard, billiards and darts. This restaurant has a very easygoing feel, in addition to a fancy, romantic setting. The summertime is the perfect time of the year to go to Pier 500, as the patio offers terrific views of the St. Croix River and around the downtown Hudson area. People are often seen on the river during this time, and just hanging out with their friends.

The executive chef and partner Scott Foster, who also owns Hazellwood Grill and Tap Room located in Tonka Bay, Minnesota, shows sophisticated yet home-style restaurants through warm, romantic lighting and beautifully crafted, homemade food. Both restaurants impart a welcome into the laid-back feel of Wisconsin.

The food, among other things, is a highlight of Pier 500. Hometown favorites like Chicken Wild Rice Soup and Parmesan Crusted Walleye grace the menu as large crowd favorites. Regular American classics such as burgers and fries as well as sandwiches and meats are provided. The Prime Rib in addition to a New York Strip Steak are preferred choices. Many entrees like these are often served with a side of potato and vegetable. With beautiful homemade classics on the menu, you are sure to enjoy. The desserts are
also one to try as there is a homemade apple crisp that is certain to top off your Pier 500 experience on a high note.

Pier 500 is open daily serving lunch from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm and dinner from 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm, with special exceptions for the weekends. For more information visit www.pierfivehundred.com.

Pier 500 is one to try as the décor and the food are top-notch.