Naruto | Teen Ink

Naruto

October 23, 2018
By ProtoZero BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts
ProtoZero BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Would you like to know what the life of a ninja is like? Do you like manga? Well then the Naruto series is a must-read. Made by Masashi Kishimoto, the series is extremely popular among both manga and anime fans. It’s about a ninja named Naruto who is trying to become hokage, which is the highest rank a ninja can have, and also would make him the leader of the village.


The books are extremely well made, and are worth reading. Here are a couple reasons why: the books are part of the action/adventure genre, which is one of the more popular genres in both manga and comics because the pictures are well drawn and practically give you every detail. The dialogue is also really well written and pretty easy to understand if you are paying attention to what’s going on, and the characters’ personalities are expressive and show what kind of character they are or going to be.


If you aren’t into ordinary, weapon-using ninja, they also have abilities called jutsu, which are kind of like magic or superpowers. The ninja activate these by making many different hand signs, focusing on energy called chakra, and then unleashing the jutsu. The jutsu vary from healing jutsu, to destructive jutsu, to stealth jutsu and more.


Also, the books, like other manga, are more of an in-the-moment, third person view. It’s being told as if it’s happening, and you don’t only see one person’s perspective. In fact, almost every character shares thoughts, feelings, dreams, and everything else another character wouldn’t know.


Also, a book doesn’t have to be a chapter book to have a really interesting story, as Naruto proves, with an extremely good story and twists and turns galore. It’s one of the most interesting stories I’ve ever read. The characters also have very well written development. Naruto starts as laid-back and weak, and ends the series as a hard working, powerful, and kind person.


The series deals with many themes and conflicts, like revenge, struggle, fear, friendship, and even romance. This is one of the series’ strong sides, as it can deal with many different themes and feel like the same series.


Overall, the Naruto books have great plot, pictures, and characters. The series may be long, but in the end, that’s why it’s so great. It never ends, and it keeps you compelled and interested. So read it!


The author's comments:

I am a 13-year old kid who made this review as a literacy project in school.