ESPERANZA | Teen Ink

ESPERANZA

December 21, 2018
By Susana-s SILVER, Sacramento, California
Susana-s SILVER, Sacramento, California
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"NEVER GIVE UP"


                                  Carol Gaab is the author of esperanza. This book has a lot of different emotions that happens at the same time. The narrator has a very unique way of telling the story that makes you feel what she feels in that moment.


The main character start off by having a issue of receiving calls from a mystery person that doesn’t responds. The narrator has difficulties with her 2 kids names Lili and Ricardito. The narrator husband named Alberto works in the city of Guatemala as a diver. Also he is the president of the labor union which cause him a lot of trouble with the government of Guatemala. One morning the narrator receives a call from a mystery person and tell her that Alberto 24hrs to get out of Guatemala and or else they are going to kill him and his family. The narrator start historically crying on what is she going to do. The narrator grabs her kids and heads to the buses to go to chiapas, MX to go to Albertos  house to protect her kids. Alberto calls the narrator and tells her that he is going to the united states and tells her to go with him.


I guess you will have to read the book esperanza to find out if the narrator decides to go to the united states or not. Psst the narrator tells her name in the end.


I really like this book because its very emotional than other books. It’s talks about how people struggle in their native country and how they struggle to get to the united states. They want to come to the united states to be safe and to have a better life for their families. Many people will take advantage of their situation and their hope of getting to the U.S by scamming them by the coyotes and just abandon them.


The author's comments:

This is a verlly good book that i have read in my spanish class that i really enjoyed reading