kindred | Teen Ink

kindred

By Blipy BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Blipy BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"Ah haha"

New york time best sellers says “Kindred has been around for 35 years it  continues to draw in new readers with its deep exploration of the violence and loss of humanity caused by slavery in the United States, and its complex and lasting impact on the present day”.

Kindred is about a time traveling women named Dana. She goes back in time to a rich kid named Rufus  who is growing up in hard times. Every time he is in trouble or hurt she time traveled from her time to his to help him. Dana has a husband named Kevin he ends up going back in time with her once. He helped he survive if he didnt go she would be dead. This is why Kevin has a important part to this story so watch out.

The main character is Dana a young 26 year old african women. She time travels i wouldn't call it a power it's more like a phenomenon no one known why she has it.  Who ever touches her at that time travels with her. She has her own business where she write books she also know a quite a bit about medicine. Her husband Kevin is a white male who comforts her in hard time and waits for her to get back to him every time she disappears.

I thought this book was good because it's about fiction,history and time traveling and it has a beautiful and unique art style. Also time is distorted is its 6 months in dana timeline its 6 years in Rufus timeline. The book also shows the hardships the black people had to endure and the loses they had and how curle the slave owners where. If u like fiction and history this is the book for you it has great artwork and story line wanting you to read more.

Kindred teaches the reader how life was back in the day when slavery was the main trade and money was what people wanted and about time traveling and to never give up and fight to the bitter end and live life to the fullest

By:Jacob Williams.           

im a amture at this and i hope i did good