THE CHILD CALLED IT | Teen Ink

THE CHILD CALLED IT

By Susana-s SILVER, Sacramento, California
Susana-s SILVER, Sacramento, California

"NEVER GIVE UP"

The child called it is about a child that gets abuse by his mother. David is the only one out of the family that does all the chores in the house. If david does something wrong his punishment is getting beat and not eating for the day. On a good day david can eat the leftovers of his other brothers plate. Even though father does everything he can to help mother get off of david he can do much because mother somehow always wins the argument.

I thought that when everyone found out the mother was abusing david, mother would be nice to david so mother would make it seem that the rumors are not true. Mother had became even more violent with him because of the rumors. David has felt so lonely and left out of the family that he has even said to himself  “I hate myself I hate myself i wish i were dead”. David in general is a very sweet boy that all he wants is to be loved and cared for by his family. It really makes me really sad because people say that mothers would give their life’s for their sons but in this case it is not ture.

The author of this book is DAVE PELZER which I have so much respect to.  MR.PELZER is so brave to talk about his abusive past. This book genre is Autobiography which is very interesting because is talks about a personal true story experience. Personally i would recommend this book because is very interesting and very hard to put down. A Child Called It  teaches all people that not matter how hard and difficult your life is there's always a way out

A very emotional book