The Magician’s Nephew | Teen Ink

The Magician’s Nephew

By Linssy GOLD, Shenzhen, Other
Linssy GOLD, Shenzhen, Other

Fantasies are full of imaginations and marvelous elements. The Magician’s Nephew is not an exception. It is a mystery fiction written by C.S.Lewis, one of the book in the Narnia series. The story is about a boy and a girl’s adventure into a new world. The theme is bravery, kindness and adventure.
Digory and his friend Dolly were send by Digory’s uncle to another world, accidently they brought one of the witches in this world back to their own world. For sure it had caused a lot of chaos. To send the witch back to her own world, Digory and Dolly had to go back to the alternate world again. This time they witness the formation of a band new world called Narnia, and met the creator of Narnia, the lion Aslan. Digory had to try his best to solve the problem of the witch in this amazing world Narnia, with the help of Aslan and other friends…

The style of this book is delightful, like the simple tone used to tell stories to children. It makes you feel warm and pleasant, it seems like the author is directly telling the story to you. And it also makes you think of your childhood, like you were back in time as a careless child listening the stories… The story is told in chronological order, although sometimes different characters in different places are doing different things but in the same time, so the timeline is sometimes mixed. Bur overall it has really clear story lines, it is easy to read on and figure out what had happened.

The theme of this story is adventure, bravery and kindness. The whole story is about great adventures, apparently, which Digory and his friends went between worlds. It needs courage and bravery to do so, especially going alone by themselves and had to burden important purposes at the same time. Digory had overcome many obstacles, both physically and mentally, and he had grown a lot through these experiences. Kindness also plays an important role in the adventure. Digory achieved what he hoped because he has a kind heart, without that, he will never get a good result. Just like the witch who is greedy and nasty doesn’t has a very good ending. King Aslan and all the creatures in Narnia also had kind and pure hearts, they are all willing to help kind people like Digory, and that is why Narnia is always peace and cheerful.
My favorite character in The Magician’s Nephew is Aslan the lion. He is the creator of Narnia, a character who is wise, calm and strong. He is always so calm, when you read the descriptions about him you will feel relaxed; he is always so wise, when you listen you his speeches you will even feel a sense of security, almost like if you do the things he told, there will be no flaws at all. He is a very influential character,his words will resonate with the readers. He is like what a real king should be like, a king who all his people will respect…

I will recommend this book to my classmates or friends younger than me. It is a good book to enjoy in free time. However, I will not recommend this book to friends older than me because it is a bit too simple and plane. But overall it is an interesting good book. I would give this book 70 out of 100 points.