Pride and Prejudice | Teen Ink

Pride and Prejudice

September 2, 2021
By Ananyaguha PLATINUM, Bhopal, Other
Ananyaguha PLATINUM, Bhopal, Other
24 articles 44 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
“If they strain me up tight, why, let 'em look out! I can't bear it, and I won't.” ---- Black Beauty


Pride and Prejudice written by Jane Austen, in the 19th century is one of the best classic romantic books of all time. This book is about two warring young hearts........

Elizabeth Bennet is a vivacious young lady, who has a strong willingness to live her life to the fullest. She has three sisters, Lydia and Kitty, her younger sisters, and Jane, her elder sister. Her mother is one of those typical England ladies, who thinks that girls should be beautiful and should catch the hearts of wealthy men and marry them. On the contrary, Elizabeth's father was a wise man, and Lizzy (Elizabeth's nick name), was his favourite.

As fate had in store for them, a rich man, by the name Mr. Bingley, came to their town. He organised a ball, in which the bennets were also invited. Jane was pestered by her mother to win his heart. She did! But it turned out the main attraction of the party was not Mr. Bingley, but his friend, tall and handsome, Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy. But soon people understood, that he was not a person to mix with easily, and he had a huge amount of pride. Infact, she claimed him as an obnoxious man, because he rejected the very idea of asking her to dance with him!

But fate still had surprises for them. Time goes on and Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy keep fighting. Elizabeth feels hurt, when she gets to know that Mr. Darcy was planning to distabce Mr. Bingley and Jane. By this time Elizabeth is confirmed that Mr. Darcy is the worst existing. But when Lydia gets entangled in a very humiliating scandal, surprisingly Mr. Darcy helps the Bennets. He then asks Elizabeth's hand for marriage, she refuses.

Will Elizabeth's proud cloud her judgement, or will she eventually understand the gentle intentions of Mr. Darcy behind his stoic mask?


The author's comments:

This book is one of my all time favourites. I have read this book 5-6 times and I assure everyone that this book is one of the best.