Review Blitz - The School for Good and Evil; A World without Princes | Teen Ink

Review Blitz - The School for Good and Evil; A World without Princes

November 29, 2022
By Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey
Extrasweet DIAMOND, Tenafly, New Jersey
94 articles 24 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur" - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever" - Walt Disney


The School for Good and Evil series are so good! They're always full of plot twists and I never know what to expect. So far, my favorite book is A World without Princes. It's so luring and intense. I've noticed that the author made sure that the characters kept secrets from each other but let the readers know at the same time, creating a suspenseful moment for the readers to think, "I know this!!! She's lying!!!" and anticipate for what's coming next in addition to be truly invested in the story.

My favorite quote in the book was, "Wishes are powerful if you're willing to do anything for them," by Evelyn Sader in page 426. I find this interesting because I've never viewed as wishes in a negative way and it shows a new perspective. My second favorite quote is, '"But now I have a friend back,"' Sophie whispered. 'A friend who makes me Good' She patted the troll's head, 'One day, I hope you'll find a friend too'" in page 265. It was so sweet and heartfelt. It's impossible not to pick that as my favorite quote!

The story was about Sophie and Agatha getting forced into the School for Good and Evil once again except it's now the school for Girls and Boys. Sophie knows that this is Agatha's fault because she wished to come back again. Sophie eventually turns into a witch and Agatha, her bestfriend has to work to control Sophie back into Good.

The theme of this book is how good and evil has their own story and own persepctives. It's about how both sides can claim to be telling the truth when everyone else in the other side thinks that they're lying-but in truth, people from different perspectives has no choice but to think that the other is wrong due to different experiences.

Here are a few questions to for you to answer once you've finished the book - 1. What do you think the border between good and evil is? 2. Why is Agatha in Good when Sophie was sure that she was meant to be evil due to her appearance?