Breaking Dawn | Teen Ink

Breaking Dawn

May 10, 2009
By musicliteraturelove PLATINUM, Clifton Park, New York
musicliteraturelove PLATINUM, Clifton Park, New York
30 articles 10 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
any Bright Eyes lyric is my favorite personal quote.


(Please note that when i wrote this i still had a couple chapters left to read)

I am currently reading Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. I have been reading this book since Sunday and I have lost a lot of sleep reading this engaging tale of love and freedom. I can hardly tear my eyes away from its pages to write this book response. This is the 4th book in the Twilight series. The unexpected twists of these addicting books that keep readers intoxicated and raging for more are exciting and unthinkable. I’m pretty far into the book and only have a few chapters left. Breaking Dawn is one of the most interesting books I have ever read. Stephenie Meyer really has a talent for balancing danger and suspense with love and passion. If I ever fulfill my dream of becoming an author I sincerely hope that my characters will be as rich and memorable as Meyer’s and that the plot will be just as twisting and intoxicating as her work.

Right now in the book, the Cullen family and severally of their friends are battling against a powerful group of vampires called the Volturi. This group has wrong accused the Cullens of committing an unthinkable crime. The crime is creating an immortal child. Immortal children are unteachable, unreasonable young vampires that can destroy half a city in one of their tantrums and are nearly unstoppable. When Bella and Edward came back from their honeymoon Bella found out she was pregnant. To make a long story short, Bella gave birth to the half human, half vampire child (a girl named Renesmee) then shortly after, Bella became a vampire herself. Bella is with Renesmee walking in the forest and a vampire from another coven sees the child and thinks the worst. She then informs the Volturi and they come to destroy the abomination and all those who protect her. I don’t really see how they are going to get out of this one, but things have to work out. I expect that the Cullens will prevail one way or another.

I was surprised that Meyer would let things get so out of hand. I guess its just how she writes, but I still can hardly believe that she allowed one of the major characters, Alice, to go astray and that she placed the Cullens in such a great danger. I suppose that it makes a good story, but the thought of one of the charming characters leaving the series forever is terrifying. Each character is clearly defined and thought out well. Jacob is easy to love with his humorous jokes and cutting sarcasm. Edward is gorgeous and cherished by all. No one wants to see him die. He is Bella’s other half and she would most likely die with him and no one wants the story to end like that. Alice, Jasper, Esme, Carlisle, Rosalie, Emmett, and Renesmee have found their own places in the story and I would hate to see any of them to die either. The Cullens just don’t seem like they will be whole if they lose anyone. I guess I can just hold my breath and plunge into the last chapters hoping.

An aspect of the book that I never thought would come into play so vitally was how Bella and Jacob where drawn together. It started in the second book New Moon when Edward decided it was best for Bella if he left, so he did. I always thought that the connection Bella and Jacob shared was just that they were both lonely and they were just seeking comfort from someone as close as family. I was so wrong. It turned out in the last book that Jacob imprinted on Renesmee and that that was the reason why his friendship with Bella had been so strong. I find this very interesting and I wonder why Meyer decided to make things this way. Maybe it is because that way Renesmee could be safe, maybe it was so that Jacob could escape his deep pain he felt after loosing Bella to Edward. Then again maybe it was both. I don’t know but that was something that always puzzled me. I wonder if it will make a difference in how the book ends. Will Jacob take Renesmee away before the fighting starts or will he stay to battle with his brothers? Who will he chose? Will it even come down to a choice of her or them? I look forward to see how this amazing story unfolds and I can’t wait to get back to the adventure. I am thoroughly enjoying just loosing myself in a story of fantastic beasts, mysterious beings, and passionate love written for me and people around the world by Stephenie Meyer.