Runner's world complete book of women's running : the best advice to get started, stay motivat | Teen Ink

Runner's world complete book of women's running : the best advice to get started, stay motivat

By tor10jax GOLD, Livingston, New Jersey
tor10jax GOLD, Livingston, New Jersey

This book talks about all aspects of running. It talks about how to get motivated, what to eat to stay healthy, what training schedule to follow, how to stay safe when running outside, and much more. The author even gives personal experiences once every chapter which makes it easier to relate to the chapter.

I’d recommend it to anyone who is a teenager or older. Males can benefit from a few chapters of the book as well as women, (definitely not the one on running pregnant, but the ones on nutrition, stretching, and moving on to the next level), however, they should be aware that the book was written for females. Anyone who wants to lose weight or get into shape would find this book useful, as well. The schedules, also, make it easier to improve.

The only flaw in this guide was the motivation section. The advice might not be enough to get someone, who has no willpower, to get out of the house, let alone run 30 minutes. But, if this is the case, no book can give that person motivation to run (sorry).

TheRightToDream SILVER, Fort Frances, Other
I might need to read this book. Maybe. I find running--just running--too boring. I'll play soccer. And hockey. Any sport. But I can't *just* run. I get thinking. And sometimes that's not good.

I'm starting to say "Good job" so much to the point that it's overused. But you must understand that I mean it :D

tor10jax GOLD said...
tor10jax GOLD, Livingston, New Jersey
Please, feel free to comment. :)