Afro Samurai by Takashi Okazaki | Teen Ink

Afro Samurai by Takashi Okazaki

To level up he has to kill to become number one. Afro Samurai tells the story of a man of few words named Afro who lives in a modern feudal Japan. Afro’s father was the best of all the samurai granting him the spot of number one. However, he was challenged for the title by a man named Justice and was killed as a result. Young Afro having seen the whole thing vows to get his revenge on the man who killed his father. It takes years, but Afro eventually works his way up to being number two fighting anyone who gets in his way. 

I enjoyed reading the manga Afro Samurai and I’d suggest that anyone who likes action try it out. The main character Afro doesn’t say much but he never gives up on his quest for revenge only sometimes getting distracted by a character called Ninja Ninja who only exists in Afro’s mind. Loud and funny Ninja Ninja is the opposite of Afro The world where the book takes place is also very interesting. It is a mix of both the past and the future where Samurai rule with the help of technology.     

I am a student at Luther Burbank just looking to share my thoughts.