Dork Diaries : Tales from a not so BFF | Teen Ink

Dork Diaries : Tales from a not so BFF

January 29, 2024
By Jennifer-679gurl BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Jennifer-679gurl BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

“I’m such a dork”, by Nikki from Dork Diaries. Dork Diaries is the #1 New York Times bestselling series written by Rachel Renee Russell. This book is intensified with drama and it is a mix of magazines, a diary and quizzes about your personality which is very rare to find in books. Dork Diaries is about a girl named Nikki who goes on a national tour with her favorite boy band. This book is for people who want to know what it's like to be on a luxurious tour with their favorite boy band.I like this book because it tells us what exactly could happen when you’re on a national tour and I mean tight schedules and tiredness.


Dork Diaries is about a girl named Nikki who is chosen to perform an opening act with her friends for her favorite boy band “The Bad Boyz" on a national tour. Only dream that Nikki ever had was to be with The Bad Boyz. But things take a turn when Nikki makes a deal with her enemy Mackenzie to let her perform with Nikki and her friends in exchange for not closing a pet shelter owned by Nikki’s crush named Brandon. Mackenzie started to give Nikki a hard time but in the end Nikki managed to call off her deal and be free from her torture.For example, I personally like that fact that this book is relatable, of course I have never been with my favorite boy band but it is relatable because I have been bossed around by my enemy and I also have a huge dream to accomplish.


Nikki is a simple teenage fangirl who dreams big. Nikki is always worried and panics when things go wrong but she always seems to have hope and has a strong will power at the same time. For example, when Nikki went on the tour with her enemy, she was stressed and worried all the time but in the end she gathered up the courage to say no to Mackenzie for bossing her around and is carefree.Nikki trusts her friends and they are dear to her but she still kept secrets from them, not able to tell the truth about the deal she made with her enemy.


Dork diaries teaches us to be able to achieve your goals and dreams by facing what you fear the most and to live in the moment and not stress about every small thing in life that is imperfect. The book tells us that we must learn to dream big and have a strong will power. Dork Diaries also tells us that life is not always cupcakes and rainbows and it could be rough sometimes but if we believe in ourselves then it could make life a little sweeter. For example, when I came to the US, everything was like a dream come true but my friend kept bragging about her princess life, which I didn’t have, so the only thing that I could hit her up with was my good grades. This book made me realize that we should be happy with what we have because some people crave for what we have right now. 


I recommend this book for people who are facing challenges in life,love drama or who just want to pass their time. This book has a hint of comedy, a bit of hate, a bottle full of love and a load full of drama and if you like to snoop into someone’s diary, then this book is definitely made for you. To be honest, I’m into murder mystery,romance and horror type of books but I really enjoyed this book so there is a better chance that you would too.


 I liked reading this book alot because it shows us the experience of a girl achieving her dream and it is quite rare to find a book with a female lead. As George R.R. Martin said “A reader lives a thousand lives but he never dies,” would you live this one?


The author's comments:

A fictional book with drama is just what I need in my highschool life.


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 1 comment.


Luis Castro said...
on Feb. 7 at 8:52 pm
Luis Castro, Sacramento, California
0 articles 0 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do or do not, there is no try"
Yoda

This sounds like an amazing book. I'll add it to my list of must reads!