Black Lotus 2 The Vow by K'wan | Teen Ink

Black Lotus 2 The Vow by K'wan

January 29, 2024
By darrthor712 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
darrthor712 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
" Never trust anyone too much ; Remember, the devil was once an angel".
- Kaneki



Reading has not been an interest of mine, but reading Black Lotus 2 The Vow has sparked something within me. Black Lotus 2 The Vow is a sequel to another book, Black Lotus. This book was not only filled with mysteries but plot twists that can make your brain click as you see how the pieces fall together. Reading this book has tested my patience and willingness to trust the process, though I can confidently say I enjoyed it.


This book focuses more on the point of view of a former assassin, Kahallah, that took part in an organization called The Brotherhood. After retiring as a former assassin, Kahallah spent her days with her business and living a more peaceful and free life. Though this all changes when Kahallah is called up and suspected of an unknown murder that shockingly had one of her crossbreeds found at the scene of the crime. Knowing she had retired, she decided to put it in her own hands to hunt down and reveal who has been not only framing but also is impersonating her.


Kahallah is a really independent woman. Her independence had come from her past. A past that has hurt and traumatized her till this day but yet also made her grow into a stronger woman within the process. She is not one to really go out and have fun even if it were to be with her friend, but sometimes her friend manages to beg her out of the house. Kahallah prefers to stay inside and indulge herself into her work while finding more ideas for her and her friends podcast series.


I recommend this book to those who are interested in uncovered mysteries, enjoy reading plot twists, and crime. Black Lotus 2 The Vow has shown and taught me that life is cruel and that even the people who are close to you can still be the ones to betray and go against you, even the ones that you trust dearly.


Ultimately, this book will have you jumping to conclusions before you even uncover the truth. If you’re interested in going along the journey to reveal the truth, take a read of this book. I really enjoyed reading this book and it definitely made me start trusting the process as I read future books.


The author's comments:

Reading this book has made me change my view on reading, to trust the process and stay for the journey and maybe I may even begin to look forward to reading