You Don't Even Know Me By Sharon G. Flake | Teen Ink

You Don't Even Know Me By Sharon G. Flake

By Alexand3r BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Alexand3r BRONZE, Sacramento, California

“The only thing we have to fear is fear itself”

A book shares stories and a lot of relatable stuff about a lot of young boys' lives and experiences. Sharon G. Flake provides an insight into the minds of a group of young adolescent Black males. They talk about their experience with girls and they  talk about how their life is with poetry. These stories can really get you thinking about what young teenage boys are thinking during situations in general.

In You Don’t Even Know Me is about young teenage boys' thoughts in serious situations with girls they are having fun with or just thinking about them.  It really relates to a lot of young teenage boys since we all think about getting with girls and your love for them. This book shows a lot of actual reality experiences that us boys can relate to.  If you are interested in the thoughts of a guy's thoughts this is the book that’ll assure you will know more about what they are thinking in situations.

These young boys Tow- Kaye, Tyler, La’ron, in the book they all share one thing is they all are with a girl. They talk about them and the experiences they are having with them. They talk about how it is for most of us guys. It can be an experience with these girls. It can turn out good or not good. It comes with a lot of problems and drama when you’re young doing it. This gets entertaining because you get to see the perspectives of these young boys' lives and it could actually prevent you from being like them.

I would recommend this book to all people who are really into people’s minds and thoughts in situations that really get talking about what most guys think in those situations.  For example a young boy, A boy Tow-Kaye, gets married at 16 is not good in most cases Tyler  talks about how it is being a player with girls that can cause a lot of drama but can be fun. La’ron hooked up with a girl getting infected with HIV. In the book, it gives us a lot of info about boys' minds in scenarios.

If you’re interested in a young  teen boy's life and their thoughts a lot of teens can relate to these stories and life experiences. It can also make you think differently about how boys are.

I got this book because of the title i was curious about these stories about these teenage boys thoughts. It is very relatable thoughts.