The Ice Queen | Teen Ink

The Ice Queen MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

Sitting with this book in your lap and running the pages through your fingers, you can't help but gain a sense of enchantment. Right from the start, Hoffman pulls you in with a warning about the danger of a wish, the power it holds, and how it can turn you cold no matter how much you fight it.

Struck by lightning at her window, a nameless woman's heart turns to ice. Even the color is robbed from her. You learn about her childhood and all she's carried with her, how fairy tales were her only way of coping. You know these stories: the woman sleeping for eternity, poison apples, and the most powerful tale of all, pulled from her mind, of a young girl standing by the mountain.

You'll discover the Chaos Theory too, which is the concept that a butterfly beating its wings on one side of the world and creating the slightest breeze can cause a hurricane on the other side. Does the smallest action truly affect everything?

The answer is revealed on her cold journey where she meets other survivors who have been left with a gift that most would consider a curse. Shadows of the faces left on their backs, gold melted into their skin, coming back from the dead and burning fire from a dragon's breath - is there really an ever after to this woman's fairy tale? Or will it end like her beloved tales by the Brothers Grimm?

Discover the many colors of the ice, and let Alice Hoffman guide you down the mountain and show you the power of a single wish.

i love this !

Writingstar SILVER, Hayward, California
Very Good! You are a very descriptive writer

Alice_in_Wonderland GOLD, San Clemente, California

“I could give up, I could stay stuck, or I could move on, So I put one foot front of the other, No no no nothing’s gonna break my stride, “ –David Archuleta (The Other Side of Down)

Wow! Great job! I totally loved it and I soooo want to read the book now. No wonder this review got published in the magaine. Kepp writing. Will you please read my writing and comment and rate it too? thanks!