A Great and Terrible Beauty | Teen Ink

A Great and Terrible Beauty MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

This is the book. I repeat, this is the book and there shall never be another like it with mystery, intrigue, hatred, adventure, love and loss all wrapped up into one.

Libba Bray is a genius and her knowledge of the Victorian era is astounding and dripping off every page yet not in an overwhelming way. Her characters, even in the oddest of times, seem real with real emotions.

This is a rare quality to find in books nowadays! It is easy to tell that a lot of time was spent creating this book - time well spent.

The plot twists are clever and hard to predict but once you get them, you'll exclaim about how you should have known. This book is a page-turner in every sense of the word. I give it five stars and can't wait for the sequel, Rebel Angels, due out in August.

i love this !

sunnyhunny PLATINUM, Litchfield, New Hampshire

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."
-Ghandi

This book was great!  I have never read anything like it.

hiddenvallyranch BRONZE, New York, New York
This was a great book! i loved it, i loved how you reveiwd it i also loved how Libba Bray described every momment and i loved the plot. I was dissapointed when i ended the series!

Rahhal. PLATINUM, Martinsburg, West Virginia
Simple and concise and informative! I'm obsessed with the series. :)

Francine said...
Nice review! Those books are excellent! I was going to write a review on it, but you've beat me to it!