Pride & Prejudice | Teen Ink

Pride & Prejudice MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

     Hey, any girls out there who love “chick-flick” novels, do you need a new one to read? Try Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. This book is truly a romantic girl's dream come true, complete with suspense, misconceptions and, of course, a large supply of love.

Elizabeth Bennet is lively, imaginative, young, independent and convinced that she does not need a man to rule her life. When she is introduced to the dashing Mr. Darcy, her feelings about men are confirmed because she finds him excessively proud, rude and conceited. He also finds fault with her looks, family and connections. Their relationship is anything but friendly, with Elizabeth developing a strong prejudice against him and Mr. Darcy having too much pride to associate with her.

Gradually, though, Mr. Darcy falls in love with Elizabeth, and through many mishaps, she learns to love him in return. It is not easy, with many people determined to keep them apart. It seems that these two should not have been able to overcome this many obstacles, but somehow they do, and teach everyone the valuable lesson that first impressions are often not truly representative of a person's character.

For anyone who loves this type of book, this excellent novel will stay in your hands from the moment you pick it up until you reach the romantic conclusion. The plot and characters draw the reader into a world where a person's acquaintances depend on social status and connections, and there are rare times when a person marries for true love, but that is the case in Pride and Prejudice.