The Truth About Forever by Sara Dessen | Teen Ink

The Truth About Forever by Sara Dessen

February 18, 2010
By Gabs(: SILVER, Florence, Kentucky
Gabs(: SILVER, Florence, Kentucky
7 articles 1 photo 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
Anyone can hide. Facing up to things, working through them, that's what makes you different. -Sara Dessen.


Is being perfect too much? Macy's starting to ask herseld that same question. Macy's always been as perfect as she can. Perfect boyfriend, perfect grades, and her perfect quiet life style. But deep down, she knows it's just to help her and her mom deal with the traumtic loss of her father a few years back.

But after one summer everything changes for Macy. After getting a chaotic job at Wish catering, meeting a guy who could turn any girls world upside down, and her sister trying to help her mom deal with the grief from her father's death. Macy starts to ask herself is it better to be safe than sorry? Macy learns what it likes to really live and really do what she wants and not just do what her mother wants. She finally learns how to be herself and deal with her fathers death in a better way.

The Truth About Forever is truly an amazing book. One that makes you truly wonder about yourself and one that almost any teenage girl can relate too. Sara Dessen has a way of pulling at your heartstrings and making it seem like Macy is your new best friend. So pick up The Truth About Forever and learn all about Macy and enter her world.


The author's comments:
The Truth About Forever is my favorite book and is still till this day.(: