Demonata by Darren Shan | Teen Ink

Demonata by Darren Shan

By Ambie BRONZE, Millville, Pennsylvania
Ambie BRONZE, Millville, Pennsylvania

"If it can be dreamed, it can be done."

Demonata

The New York Times bestseller- "Demonata," is a great horror series for anyone who is loooking for something to read. The

Demonata are part of an ancient evil- demons. The Demonata is made into a 10 book series, written by Darren Shan. In every

book, their are new ideas and new horrors. The first book called "Lord Loss," is about a boy named Grubbs Grady- a naughty

kid with a bad attitude. A horrible trait is shared within his family, and to add to that, demons are attacking- gorry-ugly-demons

that are led by their master Lord Loss. Lord Loss is one of the most powerful demons, but not the worst. He is both logical,

and witty, but can he be beat at his own game? Grubbs Grady eventually gets taken to an insane asylum, until he is adopted

by his weird uncle, that knows more about Grubbs than he thinks.

The next few books take turns in rotating with characters. The second book: "Demon Theif" takes you to the life of the

depressed child called Cornelious Fleck-a.k.a Kernel Fleck. This book introduces you to new horrors, and new characters.

The third book called "Slawter" goes back to Grubbs Grady. In this book, Grubbs goes into the movie industry, only to find

himself in a living nightmare! The Fourth book-Bec, takes you all the way back to the time of tribes, only the tribes are

fighting demons, not people. The main character in this book, is Bec-a small, dissapointing, sorceress, that just may carry the

fate of the world in her hands.

Book five- "Blood Beast" is about the life of Grubbs Grady, and the way, he is handelling the reality of his family's curse. He

may not have the curse, but the chances are slim. The whole book goes on about how he handles his fate, while being the

main victim of the demons wrath. Book six- "Demon Apocalypse," is about Grubbs Grady, and how his family's lives, rest in

his hands. He may finally beat Lord Loss, but if he dosen't the world may come to a sad end. Book seven- "Death's Shadow,"

is about the time when all hope is pretty much lost, the characters all come together to fight Lord Loss and his demons. A

secret weapon is found in the hearts of the heros, and the world just might be saved.

Book eight- "Wolf Island," is about a mysterious figure, called the Shadow, that is building a secret force that just might win

against Grubbs and his friends. The Heroes, and the rest of the group, search for answers desperately, leading them to some

old enemy's. Bool nine- "Dark Calling," is about a powerful group of magicians, the Disciples. They are being overpowered by

magicians older than time itself. Kernel Fleck, is the only one who knows, but he is already in the grasp of a horrible creature

that could care less about him or humanity. Kernel has already been through the worst of situations, but he wants to go

further. Book ten, "Hell's Heroes," is about Bec, Kernel, and Grubbs going through their finall fight between the Earth and the

Demonata.

My favorite book of the series was book 4- "Bec," but the series was great! I suggest anyone who reads this article to go and

read the series. I do not suggest this book to anyone who does not like gore. This series may be one of the most gorry series

ever, but it is one of the most interesting as well. Overall, I believe that author, "Darren Shan," has brought a new level of
horror into our lives!

Ambie BRONZE said...
Ambie BRONZE, Millville, Pennsylvania

"If it can be dreamed, it can be done."

Thanks!!! This one of my favorite series!!!

SilverCowgirl BRONZE, Greensburg, Pennsylvania

I'm a woman of my convictions call me wrong call me right but I bring my better angels into every fight.

great piece of work yet again Ambie. loved it

Ambie BRONZE said...
Ambie BRONZE, Millville, Pennsylvania

"If it can be dreamed, it can be done."

Sorry about the spaces, idk what happened-i didn't type it like that.