Moonrise | Teen Ink

Moonrise

Moonrise by Erin Hunter

Moonrise is the exciting tale of how several young cats journey far from their home to find a safe home for their clans, away from humans. Told in the perspective of several different cats; warriors, apprentices, and medicine cats alike, all of which share their compelling thoughts and feelings during the course of the long, harrowing journey to find “Midnight.” This book includes countless near- death experiences, the discovery of love, and several well- placed witty comments from the female cats.

In Moonrise, the theme “love appears in unexpected ways and in unexpected people” is shown throughout the story when cats from different clans fall in love, and the children of sworn enemies begin to see past the wars of their fathers. By reading this book, one will realize that love can and will pop up in unexpected places.

This story is amazingly well put together; it doesn't have any plot holes, and it gives a wide range of opinions by speaking through several different characters.

I would definitely recommend this book for anyone “who has wondered what dreams of grandeur may haunt the family cat” (Publishers Weekly).