Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella | Teen Ink

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

By _KTLS_ PLATINUM, McMurray, Pennsylvania
_KTLS_ PLATINUM, McMurray, Pennsylvania

“Of course I have secrets. Of course I do. Everyone has a few secrets. It’s completely normal. I’m not talking about big, earth-shattering secrets. Not the-president-is-planning-to-bomb-Japan-and-only-Will-Smith-can-save-the-world type secrets. Just normal, everyday little secrets.”

`Emma Corrigan is a nothing-special kind of girl who “has this deep-down conviction that she’s not like everyone else, and there’s an amazingly exciting new life waiting for her just around the corner”, though no one else believes her. The story begins with Emma on her first-ever business trip to negotiate a merge. She fails miserably, and the additional stress makes her a little crazy. While on the plane ride home, the airplane experiences some major turbulence and Emma finds herself spilling all of her secrets to the stranger sitting next to her on the plane. In normal cases, this would be no big deal. She and this man would go their separate ways and never see each other again, and Emma’s secrets would still be, well, secret. This, however, is not a normal case. The stranger from the plane shows up at work the next morning – the “stranger” is her new boss. Things couldn’t possibly get worse… until they do.

Can You Keep a Secret? is the best book that I have read in a long time. I couldn’t put the book down and almost finished the entire thing in a single sitting. This book is great for anyone beginning a new relationship; it really demonstrates the importance of trust, even if that relationship is just a friendship. I highly recommend Can You Keep a Secret? and am positive that everyone that reads it will love it as much as I do.

I GIVE THIS BOOK FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS!

I used to do book reviews with every single book that I read but never had anywhere to submit them. I know this is an older book, but that doesn't mean it isn't any good. I hope this is helpful!