G-Spot | Teen Ink

G-Spot

Book Review

Title of Book: G-Spot
Author: Noire
Setting: Harlem strip club/ghetto
The setting is described with such detail that it makes the reader feels as if they are a part of the book. It plays like a movie in your head. Noire plants a vision of the home life and everyday surroundings not foreign to most black people of the day. It's a story full of emotion love violence and a tribute to the racy, exciting, fast, but dangerous life of hustling. Throughout the story it feels like a movie is playing in the reader's head. Every time I closed my eyes I pictured the scene.

Juicy is the main character of the novel and it's from her perspective that the story is told. As the story begins she starts off by asking a question and giving some feedback into her past. In my opinion all the characters are very believable some seem all too real to me. They seem so realistic because just like the setting and the situation all the things that take place in the story seem like a true biography of someone's life.

The way the characters are introduced makes you believe that some will be good guys and others will be bad guys, but this is one story you can't be quick to judgment. It will leave you on the edge of your seat till the very end. This book brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face.