Crank | Teen Ink

Crank

Recently I read the book “Crank” by Ellen Hopkins. I thought this book was really…extreme, this young girl goes through so much over just a few months, it is so crazy. I must say though, it was very well written and it kept me interested in the book. I like the format it was written in, with the poetry and what not, it was very fast reading and almost pleasing to the eye. I do not read very often, but for some reason after reading this book, it has made me want to read more. The book captured me and I could follow it so easily like there was a movie playing through my mind. I loved reading it because it took me away from the world and brought me into a completely different one where I didn't have to worry about my own issues. This was such a good book and I know lots of other people who would agree with me. This book kinda takes you and puts you and someone else's shoes and it makes you think about life in a different perspective. I guess through this book I discovered the beauty of reading and imagination. I have been reading so much more since this book and I am really enjoying it. I am definitely going to read the sequel to this book, and if you are looking for a good book to read, I would highly recommend this one. It is so well written and it draws you in so that you won't want to put it down.

queennels17 PLATINUM, Wellington, Florida

The sun is out but it's still dark outside.

The only books that you have to read in order are Crank then Glass then Fallout. 

Dessometrics BRONZE, Charleston, South Carolina

currently seeking

I completely agree but i cant tell which order the books go in is it a series anyway? or is there even an order? I've read impulse and now crank and that's it

sOmE_nIgHtS SILVER, Wayne, Pennsylvania

Yes it's hard to write, but it's harder not to.

lol I am actually currently reading this book! I love the story and the format. like you mentioned, it's poetry, but it's not.

hotcakes67 said...
i recently read the book "crank". This is by far the best book i have ever read, and now im reading "glass" which is the sequal. Im still in a strugle to decide which book is better, but they are both VERY WELL written and very great books. I hope she rights more books beyond these two and and "impulse" and "burned"