Carpe Diem by Autumn Cornwell | Teen Ink

Carpe Diem by Autumn Cornwell

July 6, 2010
By darklylight26 GOLD, Lilybell, California
darklylight26 GOLD, Lilybell, California
12 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
You have to be lost in order to be found.


I've always wanted to travel places. Exotic locations,ocean cruises, anything to take me from home. Therefore I'm on search, my own private safari in the library to look for fiction books that take me somewhere, let me taste the air, marvel at temples, climb mountains. A book to leave me breathless, excited and totally there.
Carpe Diem does the trick, once the last page went whizzing by my fingers I felt like I had fallen in love with a Malay Chinese cowboy, was in possession of an Angkor Wat-ch, had an incident on the Bullet Boat, met Stick Girl,seen Ta Prohm and encountered the Ear-Nibbler.
I now want a Hanks, a Grandma Gerd, and an all-expenses paid trip to Malaysia, Cambodia, and Laos (pronounced Dow-s).
The main character Vassar starts out as a total stick-in-the-mud whose whole life can be read from a piece of paper till she becomes Frangipani. You will be left wondering what's the Big Secret till the end.
So go out to your library and check it out.
Enjoy! Oh and don't forget to live in the moment (LIM).