The Clique by Lisi Harrison | Teen Ink

The Clique by Lisi Harrison

The book The Clique is a fun novel to read because it shows all the different cliques in a school and how they can make people feel. It shows that even the popular, stuck-up people can even feel sorry for the people with lower status.

The Clique by Lisi Harrison is a story about a seventh grade girl, named Massie, that is the leader of the “popular crowd”. Massie's dad's old college friend and his friend's family, The Lyonses, need a place to stay for a year. They have a seventh grade daughter named Claire and she would not be categorized as “popular”. As soon as Massie took one look at Claire she knew she would have Claire following her everywhere. Massie and her friend don't like Claire until she did something that made Massie's friends hate Massie and love Claire. They ended up being friends again but Claire will never give up.

Lisi Harrison's, The Clique series, is all about Middle School girls and how their life is as a student. The Clique was a very fun book and I encourage any girl from sixth to eighth grade to read it. I gave this book an eight on a scale of one to ten, ten being the best. I gave it that high of a rating because it was such a fun book to read, but I only gave it an eight because Massie is such a stuck-up bully and I cant stand bullying. This book caught my attention as soon as I read the first sentence. I loved it.