Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley with Ron Powers | Teen Ink

Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley with Ron Powers

Are you looking for an exiting book? Then you should read Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley with Ron Powers. James Bradley describes the things the soldiers saw perfectly and gives the feeling that you know the characters personally.
Flags of our Fathers is about the six young men who planted the flag on Iwo Jima in World War Two. Their names are John “Doc” Bradley, Ira Hayes, Mike Strank, Harlon Block, Franklin Sousley, and Rene Gagnon. James Bradley tells their stories expertly. The book starts by telling how these six young men entered the Marines (not all volunteering for service). The men then all travel to San Diego for training and learning to fire a rifle. James Bradley tells about everything that the boys go through like if they're on leave, inner thoughts, letters to home, and practical pranks which are very amusing.

If I were to recommend this book to someone I would recommend it to people who can withstand some strong language and strong descriptions of various wounds. This book is not really for someone easily grossed out. It's a very exiting and interesting book.
I liked this book because it is a very good book. It pulled me from the first words and held on. James Bradley is a very great author with the way he describes events so vividly that it feels like you're actually there. If I were to rate this book I would give it a 9. The book starts off a little slow but picks up quick. Once again if you're looking for an exciting book, look no further that Flags of our Fathers.