Elephant Run by Roland Smith | Teen Ink

Elephant Run by Roland Smith

Elephant Run, by Roland Smith, is a spectacular read over winter or spring break. In this book, Nick Freestone, a 14 year-old boy from London, moves to Burma with his father on his plantation when the war in London becomes too dangerous. But little do they know, soon after Nick arrives at the plantation, Japanese troops invade and take over the plantation, taking Nick's dad prisoner and leaving Nick and the rest of the villagers to work for the enemy. An old monk named Hilltop befriends Nick, and plans to help him escape the plantation along with Mya, a young village girl. Along their escape journey, they face many confrontations with enemy troops that test their will to survive. But, as Nick's father told him before he became a prisoner of war, “Always remember that family is the most important thing in life.” This stimulating novel will capture you, showing an unfamiliar side of World War II.

hey. i just wanted to say that my whole shool is reading this book and it is very good!! we enjoy reading it! i was just doing my homeork and i need help on what were enemies of hilltop? please and thankyou =]