A Million Little Pieces by James Frey | Teen Ink

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey

April 20, 2008
By Anonymous

A Million Little Pieces is a book everyone should read at least once in their lifetime. This autobiography is about James Frey's journey to sobriety from drugs and alcohol. In this mesmerizing book Frey is checked into a rehab center for six weeks to begin his detoxification and get on the road to recovery. During these six weeks he experiences loneliness, depression, happiness, and love, sometimes all at once. This is his life story of how he went from a chance of death to a life of sobriety. In the book Frey tells of his life changing moments and his moments of sorrow, for this reason you can't feel anything but sympathy for him, but in the end you are nothing but happy for his victory over his addiction that has stuck with him for years of his life. Frey is truly and example of determination. I recommend this page turner of a book to anyone in need of motivation to succeed in a goal they feel needs to be accomplished. Reading this book will not only teach you life skills to accomplish that goal but you will also enjoy reading every word of this inspirational life story.