The Life You Imagine by Derek Jeter | Teen Ink

The Life You Imagine by Derek Jeter

Do you think that you could become a famous professional athlete one day and do you thinks it's easy? Well its not. Derek Jeter with the help of Jack Curry takes you on a journey about the life of a young boy that grows to become a famous short stop player for the New York Yankees.
This story is about a young boy named Derek Jeter who loved to play baseball. He played all day everyday and never wanted to stop playing. He was a dedicated kid that always wanted to play baseball no matter what. Derek Jeter started to play baseball when he was about 3 years old. He played other sports such as basketball and soccer but baseball was Jeter's true love.
The message in this story is if you work hard and believe in yourself you can have the life you imagine. Derek Jeter believed that he could achieve his goals if he worked hard and as a result he got the life he always imagined. This message can help many kids achieve their goals and become great at something they love. It can also help them have a job that they love just like Derek Jeter. Imagine getting paid for doing something you really want to and getting noticed for it. If you work hard and dedicate yourself, you can change your life forever.
Derek Jeter and Jack Curry really capture the reader's attention in this biography. They throw in a lot of information about Derek Jeter's life and the great things he has done. Is also shows that a normal kid can grow up to do wonderful things and be a huge inspiration to many kids and teens. Derek Jeter is the starting shortstop for the New York Yankees. Jack curry is a baseball columnists and reporter of the New York Times. Both of these authors worked together to write a wonderful book of inspiration.
I have read many books before but I thought that I could relate to this book the most. I love baseball and my favorite baseball player is Derek Jeter. When I saw this book I knew that it was going to be very interesting. I knew that I was going to learn so much more than I had expected form this famous ball player. Jeter had always loved baseball and never stopped to play and many people can relate to that. Just like Jeter I have a love for a sport also. I love to play soccer and I was playing since I was 3 years old. When I read this book it gave me a little confidence that if I worked harder I could get better and better each day. This helped me and I know that I have gotten better at soccer.
I recommend this book to all age groups especially people who have a love for sports and are wishing to become a professional one day. This is a great biography to read because it shows that you're not born with a talent and that you have to work hard to great at something. Someone had recommended this book to me and I never regretted it and I have a feeling you won't either.