The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman | Teen Ink

The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman

By LiederMadchen ELITE, Aurora, Oregon
LiederMadchen ELITE, Aurora, Oregon

For, I could not love thee, Dear, so much,
Loved I not honour more.
-- Richard Lovelace, quoted often by Baroness Emmuska Orczy in The Scarlet Pimpernel

I loved this book. It was a fun, original read from start to finish with a cute romance and delightful characters. Elizabeth is a strong, clever girl with a great attitude towards magic. I love how ready she is to believe in its existence and respects the dangers of meddling with such power even as she wants to try everything out.
The secondary characters were great. There is Marc, the handsome school jock who loves his little brother. There is the lovely Anjali who's little sister drives absolutely nuts. And then there is Aaron, who has an unrequited crush on Anjali, or does he? As for the siblings mentioned above, Polly Shulman portrays how irritating and lovable one's brothers and sisters can be.

I love the idea of the Repository. To think that tucked away in some corner of a vast library are things like the mirror from Snow White and the Time Machine as written by H.G. Wells is fantastic! I am a teenager starting to think about a first job, and after reading this I really want to work in the Repository.

The plot was good if a little confusing at times with twists and turns but nothing truly surprising, but mostly it was the characters and setting that made the book so much fun. I have handed this book off to both of my sisters and I am sure they will enjoy it as much as I did.