The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones | Teen Ink

The Faerie Path by Frewin Jones

March 11, 2008
By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

If you like the children's story Peter Pan, then this is your ticket to take a trip with Anita, the main character in Frewin Jones's The Faerie Path. Anita is a 16-year-old girl from London. On Anita's birthday, Evan, her boyfriend, rents a boat and the two of them take a boat ride. But something happens that ends up with Anita and Evan in the hospital. While in the hospital Anita gets taken to the realm of the faeries and goes on an adventure that will change her life forever.
The author's descriptive words make you feel like you're right next to Anita and going on the adventure with her. For example, the author describes the characters well, and particularly shows the personality switch in one of the characters named Gabriel. Look how well Jones captures Gabriel's rage: “He smiled at her, but behind that smile, she could still see the dark stain of his rage in his burning eyes” (249).
I really enjoyed this book not only because of the author's descriptive words, but also the set up of the book. The way this book is set up makes each chapter flow into the next. When I finished this book I wanted to just go right into the next book because you just want to know what happens to Anita next.
This is a book you don't want to miss out on. Besides being a fun adventure, it also teaches you that not everyone is what they say or appear to be. Once you get hooked on this book you can check out the next book The Lost Queen.