TTFN by Lauren Myracle | Teen Ink

TTFN by Lauren Myracle

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

TTFN. Lauren Myracle. New York:
Amulet Books, 2006. 229 pages

Lauren Myracle wrote a great book for teens called TTFN. You never know what will happen next in this exciting fiction story. Instant messaging everyday about what happens in their lives, is what Zoe, Maddie, and Angela do with each other. The whole book is written in computer instant messages. In this book, Zoe gets her first boyfriend, Maddie experiments with drugs, and Angela is, “moving to California”. I feel the reason Lauren Myracle wrote this book was to show teens how friendships last, even when one friend moves away, is doing drugs, or has a new boyfriend.

Angela, Zoe, and Maddie have been best friends forever. They are in high school now, and are still best friends. Although, their friendship starts to weaken when Zoe, “got the job at Kidding Around”. She soon finds herself liking a boy from school who also happens to work at Kidding Around, and who she feels she can be totally honest with. Things don't get much better when Maddie meets a guy at her relative's wedding, who convinces her to do drugs. She eventually is too drunk or high on drugs to have a simple conversation with Zoe or Angela that they don't take her seriously anymore. To make matters worse, Angela tells her friends that her dad got a new job… in California. All three girls are devastated about her having to move. The girls eventually start keeping secrets, and their friendship starts to fall apart.

TTFN is a great book about common conflicts with teens. Maddie, Zoe, and Angela are experiencing some of these conflicts, and it is affecting their friendship. Will they be able to become friends again? Read the book and find out!