Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken | Teen Ink

Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken

By BookOwl PLATINUM, Bristol, Tennessee
BookOwl PLATINUM, Bristol, Tennessee

"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt

Sydelle lives in Cliffton, a village plagued by drought for almost seven years. When suddenly, a young wizard named Wayland North shows up, bringing rain with him. To thank him, the village offers him anything he wants. He chooses Sydelle, the young, talented weaver who can fix his magic cloaks.

Sydelle always wanted to get away from Cliffton, but is mad that her parents would give her up so easily. She goes along with North-if not begrudgingly-as his assistant. Together they race to the capital, to stop a war that might just destroy everything. Though the trip might not be as easy as they thought.

North is very secretive, constantly infuriating Sydelle. She thinks she hates him, but every day she starts to care for him more. She finds herself in the middle of a battle between good and evil, not sure which side is which. Chased by storms and dark wizards, can they make it to the capitol in time? And if they do, will Sydelle be able to fix things? Or will she destroy it all?

I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't put it down, so I finished it within a matter of hours. Every chapter made you want to read more, and I was so sad when I finished it. The book was fast paced and exciting, never letting you expect what happens next. Anyone looking for an interesting, clean read, should get this book.