Surviving the Applewhites by Stephanie S. Tolan | Teen Ink

Surviving the Applewhites by Stephanie S. Tolan

January 2, 2012
By BookFreak14 BRONZE, Grand Prairie, Texas
BookFreak14 BRONZE, Grand Prairie, Texas
4 articles 1 photo 50 comments

Favorite Quote:
" We didn't invent the Chicken, just the Chicken Sandwich."--- Chick-Fil-A


Dear Makayla,
Oh My Gosh!!! I just met this really cool family!
Okay so here are the kids of the family.
The oldest is Hal. He is kinda like the hermit of the family. He locks himself in his room and he doesn't come out ever except to get food in the middle of the night when everybody is asleep. The sign on his door used to say “Applewhite Artist” but it now says “Applewhite Artist and Sculpture". I still wonder what he looks like, and if he is cute at all. Any way on to the next one. Her name is Cordelia. She is a very beautiful girl. She is a dancer and she is working on choreographing her own dance to a song from Hamlet. You know the play by Shakespeare. All she wears are leotards and long flowing skirts all the time. The next child in the Applewhite family is E.D. Her real name is Edith Wharton. It turns out she was named after her mom's favorite writer. She isn't like the rest of her family. She is organized and neat and she LOVES order. The total opposite to the rest of her family. The next in line is Destiny. He is the youngest one of the family. He loves to sing and get into things. He is always trying to herd the goats around but Wolfbane never lets him and usually ends up charging something or someone. He wants to be and look just like Jake. Oh yeah sorry I forgot about Jake. He is a juvenile delinquent that was kicked out of all the schools that were willing to take him and so he ends up going to the Creative School as a last attempt before Juvenile Hall. So Jake is the big tough boy. He has a pierced eye brow and like seven ear piercings. He smokes a little and knows tons of bad language but he is kinda cute, that is if you like the bad boy type. E.D.'s Mom is a famous writer. She has written tons of mysteries and is working on an American Novel but that is kind of under raps so if you could keep that to your self that would be great. E.D.'s Dad, and Uncle are wood furniture makers. Some of her uncle's furniture is so good that it is going on display in some museums. It is so cool. E.D.'s Aunt is a gardener. She has her very own garden right by the barn it is really big and she has tons of plants growing there. Well the last one in the family is E.D.'s Grandfather. He is the most solid one of the family and he loves all of his children and grandchildren very much. You have got to come with me next time when I go.
See you soon. Miss you much.
Love You!