The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett | Teen Ink

The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

January 24, 2012
By OBL-LPGD BRONZE, Kelowna, Other
OBL-LPGD BRONZE, Kelowna, Other
1 article 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
I'm a strong person but every now and then I'd like it if someone would take my hand and tell me everything is going to be alright.


“When Mary Lennox was sent to Misselthwaite Manor to live with her uncle, everybody said she was the most disagreeable looking child ever seen” During the time Mary lives with her uncle, Mr. Craven, she met Colin Craven, which is Mary’s uncle’s son. She told him about what she found in the days of wandering around outside, and together they found out more about the outside of Colin’s house.


The author makes the story interesting by coming up with the perfect twists and turns. My favorite part in this book is when Mary finds a hidden room in her uncle’s house where she meets Colin and finds out that she is his cousin!


The author includes the character Colin that you learn about later in the story. While reading this book I realized how lucky I was to not have to go live somewhere else with another person, and this book taught me to not sit inside all day and go explore the out doors to see what I can find.


I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys suspense, and mystery because in this book every chapter leaves you with questions.