The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

October 17, 2012
By efisher27 GOLD, Pittsford, New York
efisher27 GOLD, Pittsford, New York
18 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'. I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.”


After hearing such great things about this book, and seeing the newly released movie in the theatres and loving it, I finally decided to read it. However, in juxtaposition to the beliefs and support of many other readers, I walked away not totally satisfied. I had high hopes for this book and my expectations were much higher than they typically are for other books I read. But with good reason! This book received such amazing reviews, I expected no less than perfection. Instead, I ended up wasting a good bit of my vacation reading a rather mediocre book.
I will give it this, the plot is fabulous. The story is truly riveting, and interesting and different than anything i have ever read before. But the actual language and writing in the book was unsatisfactory and not up to par with the books I have been reading of late.

Final Opinion- A fantastic book, brought down by its poor writing and overall language


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 1 comment.


xxjake1996xx said...
on Oct. 22 2012 at 9:03 am
I agree, the author could have done better than she did.