<i>Maximum Ride </i>by James Patterson | Teen Ink

Maximum Ride by James Patterson MAG

By TaylorSmith7598 BRONZE, Fort Loudan, Pennsylvania
TaylorSmith7598 BRONZE, Fort Loudan, Pennsylvania

"God provides the wind, but man must raise the sails." -St. Augustine

"When the world tell you to give up... Hope whispers 'try one more time'"

"Don't worry about anything. Instead pray about everything." Philippians 4

Have you ever had dreams where you could fly? Where you take off running and suddenly wings sprout from your back and you fly into the air like a bird? Have you ever dreamed that you were saving the world, like in a comic book? Sure. You probably have. But have you had dreams that you were created in a test tube? That you were tortured and tested for most of your life? Or that you've had to fight werewolves? Okay, maybe the last one, but the others are pretty unlikely. All those dreams are smashed together into eight edge-of-your-seat books.

Maximum Ride is an everyday teenager with a big house and a heart of gold. Just kidding. She is far from ordinary. Max is a flying, butt-kicking, flock mother of five. Now she's adding a new title to her list: hero. Max has had to face her enemy, the Erasers, a wolf-human breed born and raised in a laboratory. But now she's facing something much more intimidating: saving the world.

No big deal. When you find out your mother is alive, that you have to save the world, and that only you can do it within a certain amount of time, things can only get easier, right? Not really.

Suddenly, Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy, and Angel have a new member, Dylan. And as if dealing with six-year-old Angel trying to take the place as the new flock leader wasn't enough, Max now has Dylan trying to take Fang's place as her boyfriend.

Will she blow? Of course not. It's not like all this is a big deal. The big deal comes when Max finds out that it will be nearly impossible for her to save everyone without losing everything. She is suddenly faced with a huge decision. Help ­humanity? Or save her kind?

This series is an incredible read you won't forget and will pass on to many others. It's definitely one of my favorites! A perfect mix of action, heart, and a dash of romance. Happy reading!

I apologize if the information was a bit rusty, some of the other books are fading from my memory, but the last one is still fresh.