Witch and Wizard by James Patterson | Teen Ink

Witch and Wizard by James Patterson

By nate713M BRONZE, Charelston, West Virginia
nate713M BRONZE, Charelston, West Virginia

Witch and Wizard –James Patterson
A purely teen book: Must read if you loved the Harry Potter series.
4.5- stars

Witch and Wizard was written by James Patterson. He is famous for his novels, The Thomas Berryman Number and Cross, each has reached the New York Times Best Seller List. Before James Patterson became a writer, he was a very successful advertiser. He currently lives with his wife and son in Florida.

“IT’S OVERWHELMING. A cities worth of angry faces staring at me like I’m a wicked criminal- which I assure you, I’m not. The stadium is filled to capacity-past capacity. People are standing in the aisles, the stair wells, on the concrete ramparts, and a few extra thousand are camped out on the playing field. There are no football teams here today they wouldn’t be able to get out of the locker room tunnels if they tried… But I’m getting ahead of myself. I’m supposed to be providing an introduction here, not the details of our public execution.” –Wisty

Witch and Wizard starts in the middle of a peaceful night with a government break-in and arrest. The Wallgood family wakes to a crash and the whole family is arrested. Whit, a high school football star, and Wisty, a truant without the best of grades are taken and thrust into a mental institute accused of being a witch and wizard.

Throughout the story both Whit and Wisty try to prove that they aren’t a witch and a wizard. Yet as evidence stacks against them they begin to question their own beliefs. By the end of the book Wisty more than proves that she in fact has magical powers.

IN my thoughts this is a definite read If you completely loved the Harry Potter series. With it’s witty scenarios and amazingly detailed action and just a hint of teenage love. This packs an amazing story into a book teenagers would love.